Studio Fitness Manager
The Studio Fitness Manager is a unique fitness enthusiast who works full time in a hybrid environment that combines traditional office work complimented by teaching studio fitness classes. These go-getters take pride in overseeing and managing the entire studio fitness team and department while energetically and authentically spreading joy and optimism to members by teaching their own studio fitness classes.
They have a serious knack for managing all things studio fitness-related from studio programming, recruitment and selection, mentoring all studio fitness instructors, quarterly class scheduling, teaching studio fitness classes and ensuring an overall 5-star member experience.
They are zealous about curating an environment for members and staff to be the finest versions of themselves. They positively encourage health, wellness and mindful practice. These spirited folks are authentic and welcoming, allowing them to effortlessly build and maintain rapport with members and staff alike. They have a proactive nature and aren’t afraid to disrupt the studio fitness industry.
They are incredibly personable fitness and health enthusiasts who are motivated to share their technical knowledge with our members in a fun studio setting. These highly organized multi-taskers are dedicated to helping our members improve their overall health and wellness while building and maintaining a team-oriented studio fitness program.
● Post-secondary education related to health and fitness or recreational studies preferred.
● Current studio fitness certification
● Prior experience as a studio fitness instructor preferred
● 3+ years’ experience developing and leading a team in studio fitness from creating schedules to recruitment and selection.
● All management/leadership team members are required to have Standard First Aid and CPR – Level C Certification prior to start date and must be maintained throughout employment. CPR is to be renewed annually.
● All team members must provide a recent Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of training and/or work.
Altea Active is thrilled to work with people who love what they do and are passionate about their roles. We believe you’ve got the following talents & spirit:
- You’re a Fitness Enthusiast: You live and breathe all things related to fitness and health, especially when it comes to studio fitness. You thrive when helping other achieve their fitness goals. Plus, you’ve got the badge to prove your technical knowledge about teaching studio fitness classes.
- You Have Communication Superpowers: You play well with others and have excellent oral and written communication skills. You demonstrate the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or studio situations; attend to and fully comprehend what others are saying. You have communication superpowers and are a good listener and speaker to help customers and team members understand your direction and recommendations.
- You’re Customer Service Orientated: You have a knack for customer service and can handle member questions and concerns in a professional manner. You listen and respond effectively to customer questions and resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- You’re Detail Orientated: You cross your T’s and dot your I’s by maintaining client records highly organized with flawless attention to detail. You’re not one to cut corners. You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Fast Paced: You’re on the ball and move at a fast pace and have great physical stamina as many of your working hours will be standing, bending, and moving, which requires good physical stamina and fitness.
- You’re Flexible: You can roll with the punches and positively adapt to change. You’re like Gumby and can remain flexible with working long hours, evenings and weekends.
- You Have Integrity & Trust: You consistently demonstrate sound personal and business ethics and behaviours. You communicate intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly. Your moral compass guides you to make ethical decisions. You are gracious and make an unbiased decision.
- You’re Motivated & Driven: You’re motivated and driven. You take initiative. You identify opportunities and issues and proactively act and follow through on work activities to resolve them. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Join a community designed to elevate and activate your fitness and wellness journey.