Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 70 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 550+ staff see clients virtually and physically from our downtown Toronto and Oakville clinics.
Medcan is expanding its high energy Fitness team. We are currently recruiting for a personal trainer to join our team. The role is primarily responsible for conducting Personal Training for Medcan Fitness clients. The role is well suited to someone with extensive fitness knowledge and exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Analyze and understand client needs and goals
- Design customized programs based on individual client needs
- Client retention through exceptional customer service, recurring training frequency and personalized programming.
- Provide clients with the consistent coaching and motivation to achieve their fitness goals
- Adhere to administrative duties as well as company policies and procedures as specified by team leads, manager and human resources
- Ensure 90+% client delegation of client roster to rest of fitness team if on vacation/sick
- Raise awareness and education of Medcan Fitness and other Medcan services
- Client communication and scheduling
The role reports to the Fitness Manager of Oakville.
The Personal Trainer role is scheduled for a minimum of 25 training hours per week once the appropriate building phase of clientele has been achieved.
- 2-3 years Fitness/Personal Training experience
- Degree in Kinesiology or related discipline
- Certifications in Movement assessment, Program design, mobility, aerobic and anaerobic exercise prescription
- Current CPR certification
- Client service experience, ideally in a high-end environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate level in MS Word and Outlook
This is a full-time position that is scheduled between Monday to Saturday.
Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients, but also our valued staff members. We provide paid Wellness Days along with a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being. We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
This position comes with an attractive total compensation package including a competitive compensation model, a comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP matching, and a genuine opportunity to grow. We offer hybrid/flexible work arrangements to help Medcanners balance their work and personal or family needs.
We also have employee perks to continue to help our staff Live Well, For Life. This includes complimentary group fitness sessions as well as an on-site healthy lunch program provided by our own food and catering brand, Nourish. We also provide interactive webinars hosted by our in-house experts focused on Eat, Move, Think. Our enhanced benefits package is just one of the reasons why we continue to be one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility:
Medcan is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity, diversity, and inclusion. We continuously work to provide a fair opportunity for all staff to participate and succeed at work, creating a sense of belonging, respect and a place that values the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each member of our team. We recognize the value of diversity in attributes such as age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation and attractionality, ethnicity, race, colour, nationality, family and marital status, ability, religion and belief, freedom of thought, and any other characteristic that makes you unique. If these principles resonate with you, we encourage you to apply!
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Management Specialist if you require accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.