Front Desk Associate
POSITION: Front Desk Associate/Member Cheerleader
TYPE: Part-Time, $18/hour
START DATE: Fall 2022
LOCATION: Reimagym, 215B Salem St. Medford, MA
Reimagym is Medford’s most unique boutique fitness studio. Now in our second year of business and, in spite of opening smack-dab in the middle of the pandemic, we’ve grown to the point where we need the help of another fabulous human to help us to make more fitness magic!
We have managed to attract a community of consistently amazing and wonderful humans. Prior to joining Reimagym, most of our members had never had a positive experience with fitness. We’re able to provide our members with a revolutionary fitness experience because of our dedication to compassion, understanding, community and fun.
As Medford’s most welcoming and LGBTQIA-friendly fitness space, we provide progressive strength training and client-centered nutrition coaching in a delivery system of quirky imagery, subversive humor, and frequent displays of fabulosity. We also have the cutest ‘gym dog’ on the block, so that kind of helps as well.
Reimagym exists to help people to (re)discover their own inner awesomeness so that they may live their own best and most badass lives. We are here to serve those who are most often alienated or ignored by the fitness mainstream. Embracing community, compassion and a sense of fun is the core of our approach, informing all that we do. We believe we can get 1% better every day.
About This Opportunity
We’re looking for a part-time front desk associate to join our delightfully nerdy (and kind of weird) fitness family. This position reports to the Head Coach (who is currently also the Co-owner) who will be there to provide training, support and tons of hugs (or if you prefer, positively aggressive two thumbs-ups).
This person is primarily responsible for greeting members upon arrival, checking members in, answering phone calls, texts, and emails, light cleaning of the studio, cheerleading and celebrating each member’s daily journey, social media outreach, and business admin along with daily tasks from the Co-owners.
We’re looking for a person who is nice (possibly also quirky) and willing to learn our philosophy and our training system. Creating a magical experience for every person who walks in our doors is an important and challenging job, so you’ll need a passion for and experience with customer service.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Opening and Closing the studio
- Acknowledging each member by name upon arrival
- Maintaining a clean and professional appearance within the studio
- Working with and creating spreadsheets, internal promotional flyers and other informational documents
- Posting to Reimagym’s social media platforms. Sharing videos, photos and creating images in 3rd party apps for highlighting members and the gym.
- Taking at least one small group personal training session per week at the studio outside of scheduled shifts
- Assisting the Co-Owners with additional tasks as needed.
The Secret Sauce:
- Generally holding space for our members to be their full selves.
- Cheerleading and celebrating each member’s daily journey.
- Making magic every day with your energy and magnificent humanity.
Ideal Skill Set/Prior Experience
- Customer Service Experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, and incredibly dependable
- Must work well in a team environment (plays well with others)
- Basic knowledge of Mac computer systems
The starting pay rate for this job is $18/hour.
This is a part-time role (12-15 hours/week) for now. As we grow, there is a possibility for the role to expand.
Shifts needed: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Morning from 9 am – 1 pm, Friday evening 3:45pm – 8:15pm and available to cover Saturday’s periodically 8am – 12:15 pm. Opportunity to grow into more hours as our business grows. These shifts are subject to change based on business needs.
Does this all sound like a fit? Then we want YOU! Forget cover letters. If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us a 60 second video, along with your resume formatted as a PDF, explaining your relevant skills and why you want to work at Reimagym.
Email your video and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “I want to make fitness magic!”
At Reimagym, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. Reimagym is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Employment with Reimagym is at-will according to MA law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.