The St. James is seeking Personal Trainers at its first Performance Club location at Reston Town Center, Virginia.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness, and active entertainment destination brand in the country, with the mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing, and operating sports, wellness and entertainment destinations that engage, inspire, and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. Our new location at Reston Town Center features a premium Performance Club, with intentionally designed spaces, state of the art equipment and performance-based programming. We need to identify, select, and train a team of passionate teammates who can deliver on our promise to provide excellence in all we do, including provide comprehensive results in a premium hospitality environment.
Personal trainers at The St James strive to maximize human potential for clients, members, guests, and employees alike. We are passionate about delivering the highest quality of attention, programming, and lifestyle coaching to provide clients with the tools for success. We believe in the continuing education of staff members and offer in house education classes to promote educational and career growth. We expect 110% in every interaction and hold each other accountable to ensure attention to detail. We advocate our trainers to be leaders, not followers and promote each other to use innovation and creativity to build upon the program. We are constantly seeking to build an inclusive culture that pushes one another towards excellence and success.
If you are a high performing individual who falls within the above listed qualities, and you want to be a winner then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We also offer medical, dental and vision benefits, a complimentary membership, employee discounts and more!
- Approaching and engaging potential clients throughout the complex, during events, and throughout day-to-day interactions
- Preparing, delivering, and tracking comprehensive & periodized fitness programming based on clients’ goals
- Building a client base through fitness assessments and personal training sessions that allows clients to learn safe and proper exercise techniques
- Motivating and guiding clients to get results through goal setting, accountability, frequent follow-up, exemplary service, and re-assessments to show progress
- Spending time on each floor of the Health Club providing guidance via coaching, spotting, and cueing exercises for our members
- Upholding The James hospitality and customer service standards at all times with clients, members, and the general public
- At least 1 year of fitness instructor work experience (required)
- A current nationally recognized Personal Training Certification (required)
- A current CPR/AED certification (required)
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills
- Strong core values including honesty, stewardship, integrity, and determination
- Ability to perform basic/physical demands required of a trainer to include being able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to self-promote and network through conversation, special events and member outreach
- An eagerness to learn and continue professional development and education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Background check required
- Knowledgeable of safety training, procedures and best practices used throughout the sports and wellness industry.
- Compensation range: $41k-$81K
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The St. James
The premier destination for sports, wellness, and entertainment.