Who We Are:
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States with over 2,000 clubs and growing!
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that is based on an established culture and strong set of values. It is being a part of a supportive, engaging team that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of the community in an environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is having fun at work while creating member experiences that consistently exceed their expectations. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Who You Are:
All of our Team Members at Planet Fitness share one thing in common – a passion for our amazing brand and a desire to make our members feel welcome in our Judgement Free Zone®
Characteristics that will make you a perfect match for our Fitness Trainer role:
- Exhibit a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Have a passion for delivering a consistent and exceptional experience to our members, guests and fellow PF team members.
- Pride yourself on your work while being punctual, reliable and dependable.
- Handle all interactions with diplomacy and exhibit a genuine motivation for helping others.
- Act with integrity and show respect to everyone around you.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and have an ability to listen and empathize.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- Are a quick study with the ability to apply what you have learned during online and hands-on training.
About the Fitness Trainer Role:
As a Fitness Trainer, you will operate the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF).
These responsibilities include:
- Creating a class schedule for members. This includes Orientation and DYOP (Develop your own program).
- Proactively engage with members on the club floor regarding their fitness goals; instruct them on how to safely use the equipment and provide support as needed.
- Help to promote our Judgement Free Zone® by connecting with members on the club floor, offering assistance and showing support in their fitness journeys while upholding club policies.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all fitness areas to ensure a great member experience. Quickly address issues as they are identified.
- Perform prospective member calls and tours; assessing their membership needs and offering Trainer services.
Daily responsibilities of the Fitness Trainer may also include:
- Greet members/guests as they enter and exit the club; assisting them with any questions or concerns as they check in.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with their inquiries.
- Regular, consistent cleaning and sanitizing of all exercise equipment and Black Card spa amenities. This includes communal spaces as well as your assigned area.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
About Your Qualifications:
- 6-12 months of experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willing to become CPR/AED Certified (Training provided by Planet Fitness)
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- Basic computer proficiency
Physical Demands of the Fitness Trainer role:
- Continual standing and moving throughout the club to accomplish tasks during shift.
- Continual communicating in person or on the phone to exchange information during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
- Moving self in different positions, including bending and twisting, to accomplish tasks.
More reasons to join Planet Fitness!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance*
- Vacation*/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Term Life Insurance*
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Employee perks and discounts
- Engaging team-building competitions and social events
*Please note that certain benefits listed above are for full-time employees only
Health and Safety Requirements: Every team member is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Team members are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all applicable policies and protocols, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Judgement Free Zone®