The Fitness Coach represents 24 Hour Fitness to members and clients by delivering a positive fitness experience and quality personal and small group training sessions leading to member retention and client acquisition. The Fitness Coach leverages experience and specialized education to deliver premium programming and consultation for clients in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of Role
Service and Train Clients
- Design and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients' goals that include appropriate exercise selections, programs that include varied fitness offerings, general nutrition guidelines and teaching a fitness lifestyle.
- Inform clients of fitness tools available to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Set expectations and hold clients accountable to their comprehensive fitness programs through goal setting, follow up discussions and track progress.
- Demonstrate safe and proper exercise techniques to clients.
- Arrive on time, prepared and enthusiastic while being attentive for every training appointment and or group session.
- Meet minimum productivity expectations servicing clients and group sessions.
- Increase member group training sessions and attendance through strong teaching skills and ability to connect with and motivate others with a wide variety of fitness levels.
Service Members and Administration
- Assist in member service activities such as fitness seminars, training days, and deliver a positive fitness experience to members and guests through complimentary fitness assessments.
- Build and generate a strong fitness business through new client acquisition and retention.
- Effective onboarding of new members and clients by providing professional recommendations to help acclimate to a fitness lifestyle.
- Coach members on proper use of equipment and exercise techniques.
- Start and finish sessions as scheduled.
- Handle member concerns or direct to appropriate club management.
- Deliver on the Service Promise of Clean, Friendly and Well-Maintained Club by racking weights, team cleans and assisting with maintaining a clean and organized club.
- Create, maintain, and regularly update progress for each personal training client, following company guidelines.
- Schedule personal training sessions, other appointments and administration of time four weeks in advance using company systems.
- Reports to the FM and or General Manager and will interact with all levels of club staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understand principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adjust and operate fitness equipment.
- Ability to perform a variety of exercise routines.
- Demonstrate excellent customer services skills.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator Certifications (AED) received through in person training required.
- Degree in a related field or current certification through at least one nationally accredited industry associations.
- Specialized fitness credentials preferred or equivalent work experience or education in specialized function.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
1+ years of experience as a Personal Trainer or Fitness Coach.
Holistic fitness program design and consultation experience preferred, but not required.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, jumping, kicking, and prolonged standing and walking.
- Working Environment
- While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
24 Hour Fitness
Creating a Healthier and Happier World.