Group Fitness Instructor
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Pay: $30 - $40 hourly
Role and Responsibilities
Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are required to maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality. Currently looking for instructors to teach various forms of group fitness classes for general, and active aging populations, such as Yoga, Pilates Mat, cardio and strength-based classes, Barre, core classes, Zumba.
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise forms during their Workouts
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, squatting, and lifting.
- Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of others. Administer emergency care to members and guests in need of assistance
- Work as a TEAM with all other departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Be knowledgeable about all programs and activities offered by Active Wellness
- Promote club services and activities
- Assist with cleanliness and upkeep of group fitness equipment
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Attend Active Wellness site meetings and training
- Handle injury and illness and security incident reporting
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- AA Degree
- 2 years of Group Exercise experience preferred.
- Looking for instructors to teach a wide range of group fitness class formats, such as Zumba, Strength, Aqua, Pilates, and Cardio classes.
- Customer service-oriented ability to teach Group Fitness Classes
- Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.).
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills, customer service skills, results-oriented, ability to multitask, and commitment to the fitness industry
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Ability to stand for several hours in the same shift; ability to lift 25 lbs
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Active designs fitness centers and delivers wellness programs, with ongoing operation and consulting support services.