New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands is a long-standing, dynamic fitness club brand with locations in the Northeast, Florida and Switzerland. We consider ourselves your local neighborhood gym! It is our goal to provide our members with fitness results, positive change and personal connections through innovative programming and knowledgeable staff.
Our mission is to “Improve Lives Through Fitness”. We work with passion and integrity, and we always treat others with appreciation and respect. We are a diverse community committed to being better today than we were yesterday, and better tomorrow than we were today. The New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands community is bonded by a common vision with the objective of being the employer destination of choice and strongest fitness brand. Our purpose is to help others be their best. We achieve this through our Five Agreements: Be welcoming, Listen with care, Learn from failure, Celebrate success, and Make excellence a habit every day.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations of a club with a focus on driving net revenue gain through net membership gain, steady increase of average dues, and ancillary growth. The General Manager will manage all profit and loss statements and make decisions that will positively impact the business. The General Manager will report to the Regional Leader and will regularly receive guidance and direction from the Fitness Director. The General Manager will directly manage the development of all other club managers, a team of sales professionals, and any other team members in the club who do not report to another manager.
- Continuously modeling and promoting the NYSC and our family of brands mission, mission statement, and values with pride and integrity.
- Providing a legendary member experience by consistently executing the Five Agreements.
- Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
- Being available to team members to address questions and concerns (Open Door Policy at all times).
- Fostering positive relationships to create team cohesion.
- Hosting daily and weekly meetings with team members to ensure staff is connected to each other and in tune with member feedback.
- Ensuring club provides high levels of customer service, a consistently clean club, friendly/inviting service in which member feedback is addressed in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and adhering to all New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state supplement, codes of conduct, etc. and setting expectations around these documents and policies for all team members and club managers.
- Creating an open environment where employees are empowered to ask questions and continue to progress along their Learning Journey.
- Sourcing and recruiting qualified candidates daily, including high quality, certified personal trainers.
- Onboarding new team members utilizing proper immersion plans to ensure clear expectations while setting the new employee up for success.
- Delivering effective coaching, training, feedback, and performance management directly to team members.
- Progressing and developing trainers through continuous sales and technical development.
- Following up with trainers regularly (daily/weekly) and holding development meetings.
- Ensuring Level 1 shift productivity, including consistently cleaning the gym floor and being present and available for members.
- Overseeing other manager's employee management and partnering to provide guidance on coaching and development.
- Creating robust development plans for team members who want growth in role and growth into new roles.
- Issuing daily direction based on club walkthroughs (MEW), member feedback, and team feedback.
- Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess, and address feedback on club needs and expectations.
- Responding to all member and team member requests, concerns, and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Hitting all key metrics in sales, revenue, retention, cost management, daily and monthly indicies, fitness revenue, fitness sales/ net gain, fitness retention and fitness booking/set up.
- Tracking Key Performance Indicies (KPI) for all departments and creating action plans to improve KPIs.
- Strategically plan daily/weekly/monthly fitness sales, revenue and retention goals.
- Monitoring performance towards goals as determined by indicies.
- Planning and executing daily/weekly/monthly individual and team meetings. Including a minimum of biweekly learning and development workshops offered for all club levels.
- Continuously seeking new avenues of prospecting including but not limited to, call drives, special events in the club and engaging new members at point of sale.
- Reviewing and analyzing profit and loss statements and other daily reporting to ensure club is on track to meet revenue and expense goals.
- Effectively managing costs of labor, supplies, and equipment.
- Increasing recurring EFT revenue by driving net member gain and average dues up.
- Ensuring fitness products and services offered in clubs are aligned and consistent with the company's overall fitness strategy.
- Administering scheduling and biweekly payroll for direct reports and overseeing such administration by other club managers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of management in a fitness, hospitality, or retail environment, including direct experience in profit and loss management, revenue generation, staffing/recruiting, employee onboarding, people management, and people development.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting (e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- Prior experience analyzing Profit & Loss statements required.
- Ability to proficiently use our POS, membership, CRM systems, timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the business needs of the customer and New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands.
- BA or BS degree (preferred).
- Due to the nature of the business, New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands has specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
- Team members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
- New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands does not authorize vacation time in the months of January or September.
- This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
- Able to work a fulltime flexible schedule that meets the needs to the business including mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, 3 out of the last 4 days of each month.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
New York Sports Club
Improving lives through fitness one full-service neighborhood gym at a time.