Who We ARE: When you work at the Best. Gym. Ever, you join the Best. Team. Ever. You'll walk into our clean and spacious gyms with a smile on your face and a pep in your step because you know you are about to change lives! High-five your team and get ready to move quickly! Combine your passion for fitness and love of people into your career at The Edge Fitness Clubs!
What We LOVE: People. Fitness. Teamwork. Fun. Changing Lives.
What We Offer YOU:
- We will give you a FREE Gym membership for you and a friend! Get your workout in during lunch or after shift!
- We "insure" you and your family stay healthy with our tiered Health Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- We work hard to play hard... take your vacation! PTO & Paid Holidays. Vacation days improve overall wellbeing!
- We make sure you plan for your future. Enroll in our 401k.
- We want you to save money! There are discounts on personal training, apparel, shake bar & Edge Kids!
- We want you to grow! Team builders, Leadership and Development training, all opportunities to advance!
- We want you to advance your education! Reimbursed training certifications!
- We protect you with our company paid Life insurance ($25k), and Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We will give you an awesome culture and fun work environment! Look forward to coming to work each day!
What You'll Do:
- Establish a personal training client base
- Deliver safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Maintain knowledge and promote Edge Fitness programs, services, and products
What You'll Need:
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree in exercise science, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- One year personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Obtain one of the core four certifications within 6 months of hire: NASM, ACE, ISSA or NSCA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a non-exempt full-time position with varied hours based on business needs. This position requires night and weekend hours.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Not all heroes wear capes, we wear sneakers and workout clothes! There is a reason our members call us the best gym ever... it's because we have the best staff ever... come join our team! It's okay... you can invite your friends to come work with you too!
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$11.00 - $15.00
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Edge Fitness Clubs
Find your EDGE in life at The Edge Fitness Clubs!