Director of Group Fitness
We are currently seeking a Director of Group Fitness to work at a high profile company’s fitness center located in Mountain View, CA.
- Responsible for the scheduling and implementation of exercise classes and overall supervision of the Group Fitness Instructors to ensure member participation and satisfaction.
- Partner with the Site Leader for full cycle human capital inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, and terminating Group Fitness staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and guests such as personalized greetings as they enter the facility, respond to suggests, concerns, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that Group Fitness programming and classes meet with operating standards and culture of the site, Client, and Workplace Well-being.
- Bachelor degree in Dance, Exercise Science or similar background with one to two years of management experience.
- Two to three years of experience in Group Fitness, Personal Training, corporate health promotion, wellness or related occupation.
- Current CPR /AED certification.
- Current nationally recognized group fitness certification.
- Ability to multi-task, and execute time management and problem-solving skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company:Team member health and savings
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
Team member well-being:
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness rewards program
- Membership to a fitness and wellness subscription-based platform
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
Team member growth and development support
- Complimentary professional development and continuing education courses
- Discounted industry certifications and events
- CPR/AED reimbursements
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Internal development program
- Employee Referral Reward program
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only : The hourly rate for this position ranges from $19.50 to $35. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.