JOIN OUR TEAM
At VASA Fitness, we want to create an uplifting experience for everyone by offering inclusive, accessible, and on-trend fitness. The foundation of our brand is rooted in a culture centered on unity, passion, love, integrity, fun, and trust. Because our culture is alive—embodied by members and team members alike—VASA is a place where lives are changed because of authentic connections made within our supportive community.
We offer a competitive, all-encompassing benefits package which includes healthcare benefits for employees who work 20+ hours per week. All employees receive two complimentary gym memberships—one for themselves and another to give away—plus 401k options.
30+ hours per week employees: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week employees: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
Come join VASA Fitness and join a passionate, fun, and united team!
VASA is hiring Personal Trainers! All experience levels welcome!
Less than 1-year of personal training or coaching experience? No problem! We would love to teach the way VASA Personal Training Coaches help our members get healthy, feel strong and be happy!
Experienced personal trainer or coach? We can’t wait for you to connect with our members!
JOB TYPE: Full-time & Part-time available
POSITION TITLE: Personal Trainer
REPORTS TO: Fitness Team Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly
Base pay is $12.00 per hour. Average pay is $18.00 per hour!
Client Training Session Range: $22.00-$33.00 per hour!
Semi-private Training Session Range $44.00-$66.00 per hour!
The personal trainer is a trusted team member who guides clients to success on their health and fitness journey. They do this through providing a world class training experience through our UPLIFT values and a caring and connected approach in every session. The Personal Trainer will prioritize, plan, and execute tactics to acquire new and retain existing clients.
The Personal Trainer will meet on a regular basis with the FTL to plan, prioritize and execute tactics to ensure success on the deliverables, which include but are not limited to, the following:
- Acquisition of new and retention of existing clientele. The Personal Trainer is responsible for performing all activities relative to the acquisition and retention of personal training clients.
- Schedule and deliver complimentary PT sessions. Personal Trainers schedule then deliver personal training sessions for existing VASA members and execute on all processes and procedures for the success of each client.
- Personal Trainers are agile in their training approach. This includes facilitating & adjusting exercise programming to fit the exact needs of each client. The Personal Trainer will demonstrate care & create connection throughout the duration of the client journey.
- Create an approachable environment in and around the Personal Training Cage. This includes interacting with members, clients & guests in a friendly, fun, energetic & inclusive way. Personal Trainers will also demonstrate consistency in appearance, safety protocols, and cleaning activities.
- Create a supportive, connected community for all clients. This includes utilizing the VASA programs, tools & resources, to deliver meaningful personal trainer check-ins, coaching and encouragement in the on-going success of each client.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- CPR/AED Certification (must obtain within the first 30 days of employment).
- Open minded with an ability to learn new approaches and can think outside the box.
- Optimistic mindset with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Passionate about fitness and helping people live a healthy lifestyle
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous personal training experience a plus.
- Additional certifications relative to Personal Training.
- NCAA-accredited Personal Training Certification or industry related degree.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get healthy. Feel strong. Be happy.