Why is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need to do their jobs well, and they work with supervisors and staff who are supportive and friendly. Employees have room to grow, and many of Health Advocate's supervisors are promoted from within the company.
Summary of Role
Responsible for assisting members in establishing and meeting healthy goals that lead to life style improvement and positive member outcomes through frequent verbal and written coaching sessions; provide email, telephonic, coaching to members regarding life style and health related initiatives (e.g. lose weight, get fit, reduce stress, etc.); assist members with recognizing health related problems and developing appropriate solutions to resolve health hurdles; actively participate and lead health issue training sessions for members and clients as assigned; follow established coaching and departmental protocols and operations processes to ensure compliance with applicable local and national laws and regulations.
Your Success (training and equipment information)
As a work from home associate, you’ll deliver a positive experience top help our members’ live healthier lives.
Health Advocate offers all work equipment and comprehensive new-employee training program to help you develop the knowledge and skills that will set you up for success in your role and in supporting our members.
Invested in you
At Health Advocate, you’ll have the ability to pursue your ambitions and grow your career. We’ve got you covered with a total rewards package that includes Robust Medical coverage, as well as Dental & Vision benefits, tuition assistance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, Employee Assistance Programs and Wellness Programs.
Pay rate: $19-22 per hour
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. 8.5 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00 am -10:00 pm EST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Provide email, and telephonic, coaching to members regarding life style and health related initiatives (e.g. lose weight, get fit, reduce stress, etc.)
- Assist members with recognizing health related problems and developing appropriate solutions to resolve health hurdles
- Actively participate and lead health issue training sessions for members and clients as assigned
- Follow established coaching and departmental protocols and operations processes to ensure compliance with applicable local and national laws and regulations
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in fitness, public health, healthcare management, or a related field required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in fitness, public health, healthcare management, or a related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Minimum of 2 year's customer facing benefit administration, healthcare, nursing, dietary, fitness, or a related experience is required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Applicable fitness, training, dietary, or other related certifications preferred
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Health Advocate is the nation’s leading provider of health advocacy, navigation, well-being and integrated benefits programs. For 20 years, Health Advocate has provided expert support to help our members navigate the complexities of healthcare and achieve the best possible health and well-being. Our solutions leverage a unique combination of best-in-class, personalized support with powerful predictive data analytics and a proprietary technology platform to address nearly every clinical, administrative, wellness or behavioral health need. Whether facing common issues or an unprecedented challenge like COVID-19, our team of highly trained, compassionate experts work together to go above and beyond expectations, making healthcare easier for our members and ensuring they get the care they need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our people are the difference. Come join us. We are certified as a Great Place To Work® for 2022!