Position: Member Services Rep - Part Time - Morning
We are searching for a motivated Member Services Representative
to join our team! As a member of our staff, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests, ensuring an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience! BILINGUAL English/Spanish are encouraged to apply!Some Of Your Responsibilities Will Include
Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
Club Cleanliness And Maintenance
- Greet members and guests providing exceptional customer service making everyone feel comfortable and welcome.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point to sale system.
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Regular restroom and wet area cleaning and stocking.
- Applicants for an overnight position must submit to a 7-year criminal background check within the first week of hire. Continued employment will be based on satisfactory outcome of the background check.
- Exceptional customer service skills; ability to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the members expectations.
- Prior Customer Service experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Upbeat, positive and professional attitude
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Obtain and maintain CPR/AED Certification within time frames required by company and maintain physical ability to perform CPR/AED in the event of a medical emergency.
Why you should join Planet Fitness?
- Walk and stand, for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand motion.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amount of weight (up to 50lbs).
- Ability to talk continually in person or on the phone during shift.
- Maintain physical ability to administer CPR in the event of medical emergency.
- Ability to see in normal visual range with or without correction.
- Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Want more reasons?
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work alongside an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Note: We participate in E-Verify for all Utah locations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO – Paid Time Off
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- STD, LTD, Term Life Insurance and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Our customer service philosophy is that it’s not enough to simply meet member expectations, we want to exceed their expectations and make them our Raving Fans. In addition to positively promoting the Judgement Free Zone, we also want our members to be raving fans of the team members who are responsible for impacting their lives every day, each time they step into a Planet Fitness club. Much like that post-workout bliss, it sure feels good to know that members recognize and appreciate the people here that create their excellent experience.CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR GOLDEN THUMB AWARD WINNERS, NOMINATED BY A MEMBER IN THEIR CLUB: