Re:Mind Studio - Weekend & Evening Assistant
Re:Mind is a sound therapy, breathwork and energy healing studio that brings calm to the heart of London.
Our mission is to cultivate and develop a peaceful, safe and welcoming space that encourages transformation, connectedness and wellbeing. We want to help people thrive by bringing calm, sacredness and balance to a hectic world.
We offer a unique and comprehensive approach to meditation and healing through the combination of 3 modalities in a group class setting. All sessions are led by kind, caring, and grounded expert teachers, also referred to as ‘calmers’, who are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing space for clients to explore and deepen their practice.
This is an opportunity to be immersed in the Re:Mind Studio team and to grow with the business. As a Studio Assistant, you will be the first point of contact through welcoming and engaging with clients, teachers and team. Being in charge of set-up and re-set of meditation sessions, maintaining a clean and orderly space, selling products and services, and making sure the studio is a friendly, engaging environment for anyone who enters. Enthusiasm, excellent customer service, retail experience, and flexibility are key.
The ideal candidate will align with our ethos and be a thoughtful and energetic team player with a positive attitude, whilst taking the initiative to ensure the studio runs efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Studio shifts are available in the evenings and weekends (and additional ad hoc covers), with key holder responsibility for opening or closing shifts.
- Welcoming each person who walks into the studio and oversee client check-ins.
- Guiding new clients through to the lounge area with an introduction to the space.
- Creating a welcoming space for all clients and maintaining a calm environment, offering guidance and support for the clients' experience, holding space for clients when and if needed.
- Providing the first point of contact for sales of products and services. Keeping up to date with Re:Mind product and teacher/session information whilst actively promoting these to all clients to encourage sales.
- Upholding impeccable customer service standards, anticipating client's needs and going above and beyond to deliver. Dealing with client feedback in a professional manner, especially in sensitive situations.
- Overseeing client accounts, purchases, and responding to client enquiries. Overseeing the studio email inbox and filtering through incoming correspondence. Responding to enquiries across all communication platforms - studio phone and studio email inbox.
- Throughly cleaning and organising the store, studio space, tea lounge and restrooms. Keeping utility room and stock room tidy at all times.
- Working closely with the management team for store and studio operations. Reporting to the Head of Operations with regular handovers.
- Gaining understanding and familiarity with the teachers and their teaching styles for the varying practices hosted at Re:Mind. Tending to teachers set up and re-set requirements and actively creating a welcoming environment for teachers to feel comfortable.
- Flexibility for evening and weekend shifts.
- An interest in meditation and promoting health, mindfulness and sustainability.
- Experienced a Re:Mind session (online or in-person) is a plus.
- At least a year of retail and/or boutique fitness and/or yoga studio experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience handling sensitive matters in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining high aesthetic standards.
- Strong proactive team player who demonstrates flexibility, and punctuality, responding quickly and effectively using their own initiative.
- Knowledge of using systems such as Shopify, ZingFit, Momence and Instagram is preferred but not essential, as training will be provided.
Salary & Contract:
- £12 per hour (+ incentives) with a zero-hours contract
- Complimentary studio sessions outside of work hours.
- 20% discount in store (applicable after trial period).
- 20% Friends & Family discount for in-store product, sessions, class packs and workshops (applicable after trial period).