As part of our growth strategy, Athletics Department will move into the new state-of-the-art Sport Center in Fall of 2023. The new facility will significantly expand our fitness and wellness program offerings with an opportunity to provide our community with innovative programs and activities. Hence, we are looking for an enthusiastic Fitness Coordinator to oversee the fitness PE classes and fitness programs and activities in alignment with Athletics goals and objectives. The new candidate should be able to teach 2-3 different fitness PE courses, coordinate all fitness related programs and activities including part time instructors. This position will be aligned with a rank of Senior Instructor of Physical Education. For more information about Athletics program please visit our website athletics.dukekunshan.edu.cn.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance to the Athletic Director, and Assistant AD for Sport Operations in management of physical education and fitness and wellness classes and programs.
- Plans and organizes fitness and wellness events for DKU community in accordance with our Athletics mission and values.
- Manage fitness center including opening and closing of the facility in collaboration with Assistant AD for sport operations.
- Plan and deliver fitness PE classes based on the resources available at the new Sport Center.
- Develop and provide fitness and wellness programming that will engage all students, faculty, and staff in promotion of health and wellness on campus.
- Create and manage fitness related services such as personal training and fitness assessments.
- Supervise external vendors, part time instructors, and staff providing fitness related services.
- Supervise all student workers and fitness assistants in support of fitness center operations.
- Actively research and integrate latest innovations and trends in fitness and wellness industry in order to enrich programs and services at DKU.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in sport science, physical education or a related field.
- At least 3 years of related working experience or a relative combination of work and education.
- Valid international certifications from leading organizations such as NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ISS.
- Working and theoretical knowledge of latest trends in health and wellness industry.
- Professional fluency in English.
- Passion for fitness and health-promotion.
- Strong communication and teaching skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Please find this position on DKU employment website and directly apply there.