Greater Purpose and Core Values
Athletico empowers people, inspires hope and transforms lives. This is accomplished through
demonstrating our core values of one team, understanding our business, recognition, people-focus,
accountability, continuous innovation and trust & integrity.
A Physical Therapist Assistant provides safe and effective therapy services to persons impaired by physical illness or injury, congenital or development disability and/or the aging process, under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist in all practice settings.
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager and supervising physical therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional patient care and service
- Progressing patient's plan of care that has been established by the physical therapist.
- Periodic written and dictated communication to physicians through progress notes and discharge summaries after consulting with supervising PT regarding patient's plan of care.
- Frequent communication with supervising PT regarding appropriate treatment plan, follow-up appointments, and potential discharge for patients
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT Assistant’s are responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner, i.e., progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, and daily total sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary. Physical Therapist Assistants are also responsible for keeping the patients chart up to date with current scripts, tally sheets, and monitoring insurance coverage.
- Establish and develop professional relations with other potential referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of therapy services in the area working
- Attend patient physician appointments and perform shadow opportunities when possible
- Provide appropriate and timely written and/or verbal communication and follow-up when necessary
- Continue the development of professional skills and interest through continuing education course, program involvement, staff in-services and professional meetings
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state practicing
- Associates degree, accredited by an accredited PTA Program
- Current CPR certification and AED training
- Minimum of 2 years experience outpatient experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Athletico provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.