Do you want to make a difference within your local community, supporting people to improve their lives through leisure?
If you feel driven to inspire people to be more active, improve their wellbeing and would like a job that will make a real different to local people’s lives then Freedom Leisure is the place for you!
We are a not-for-profit leisure trust with we have a strong purpose and commitment to support our local communities and hard-to-reach groups encouraging them to become more active, contributing to improved lives. From Swimming lessons, to walking football and everything in-between we are driven to provide fun and welcoming sessions to support the whole community to be active, both within our leisure centres and in the local community.
The good thing is that we provide you with full training and great potential for career progression, we have over 100 facilities across England and Wales – many of our staff have built successful careers with us because they love the having a positive impact in their local communities and enjoy the variety that the role provides.
We are looking for a unique individual to join our team as a Membership Sales Advisor. This role is ultimately about growing the membership numbers and increasing income. However, aside from selling memberships to new prospects this role is also about being the start of the membership retention process for that individual too. We are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal and customer facing skills.
You will be a proactive member of the team and someone who is able to go above and beyond to reach sales targets. We are looking for someone who can be a representative for the Freedom leisure brand, and able to build an excellent rapport with new and existing customers.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, Monday - Sunday (Rota basis)
- To support membership growth by using the sales process to ensure sales and income targets are achieved
- To generate excitement and passion for health and fitness to optimise all sales opportunities
- Conduct face-to-face sales appointments where you will build positive rapport with customers to sell a membership and get them started on the freedom member journey programme
- Contact all membership leads by phone where possible and also by email and text when required.
- Undertake regular competitor analysis and keep up-to-date with industry trends, identifying opportunities.
- Experience of sales
- Have a team orientated approach, able to work across any organisation boundaries while supporting of the work of colleagues
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That's why we've developed a benefits package with you in mind, so what can we offer you?
- My Staff Shop, our very own staff benefit scheme, gives employees access to a great range of benefits. Get discounts on cinema tickets, travel bookings, high street e-vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
- Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
- Incremental holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential, independent and professional counselling.
- Company pension
- Various insurance and saving schemes
- Financial advice
- Cycle-to-work and Car Leasing tax-efficient schemes (salaried staff only)
- All this as well as fully funded training and career progression opportunities in a team working environment
Closing date: 2nd June 2023
Salary: up to £10,051 per annum + commission