Job Title: Gym Instructor/Personal Trainer
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: 5-minutes from Chingford overground station. Chingford E4
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000
Wellness Works is a boutique gym and studio that aims to provide high-quality equipment and facilities along with top-class staff and service. We strive to create a professional and welcoming environment that supports our members to achieve their personal fitness, health, and well-being goals. Our team is passionate about helping others achieve their goals and strives to deliver excellent customer service and a memorable experience for every client.
As a Fitness Instructor at The Wellness Works, you will be responsible for overseeing and assisting in the day-to-day operations of the gym and studio, ensuring that clients receive excellent customer service and support. Your responsibilities will include:
- Inducting new members and conducting fitness assessments
- Assisting clients in using the gym facilities and studios
- Making sales and promoting gym services to clients
- Personal training 1:1 or small group
- Covering for reception staff when needed
- Ensuring that the gym is in good working condition at all times
- Facilitating group training sessions and classes, if qualified
- Interacting with clients, offering ongoing support and advice in their routines
- Supporting the Studio Manager with maintaining standards, health & safety, and administration.
- Assisting, covering front of house counter when required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Required qualification: Personal trainer Level 3 (minimum level 2)
- Additional preference: group exercise NVQ level 2
- If you don’t have relevant qualifications in group exercise, we will support you in getting them
- Prior experience in a gym or fitness-related role is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask
- A passion for health and fitness
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Good administrative skills
- Group exercise experience, or willing to attend training
We offer our employees competitive pay and an opportunity to grow within a young company promoting a healthy lifestyle. You will be part of a friendly and supportive team environment and have access to gym facilities to maintain your own fitness and wellbeing.
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for health and fitness and want to work in a professional and welcoming environment, please apply for this position by submitting your CV. We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining The Wellness Works team!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free fitness classes
- Gym membership
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chingford London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- As a potential candidate for a job in our gym, what makes you stand out from the crowd?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 12/06/2023