Planet Fitness, a private equity backed fitness retailer, is seeking candidates for the role of Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager will oversee a wide variety of areas within Planet Fitness. Focus being that of managing front desk personnel, assisting the General Manager, focusing on the front of the house operations to ensure effective day to day activities. The Assistant Manager must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet strict deadlines, be able to delegate meritoriously, communicate effectively with management and provide superior customer services to our members and guests.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- The ability to understand and drive club metrics in alignment with business performance
- Thorough development of knowledge of club services, programs, and products as well as current knowledge of key competitors
- Assist in the interviewing and recruitment process by completing initial phone interviews of front desk and fitness instructors
- Monitor inventory and review daily/weekly/monthly sales numbers with GM to identify opportunities and modifies execution as needed to improve performance
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the organizations mission, vision, and values; manage a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club
- Ensure team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness, and cleanliness
- Develop and maintain cleaning duties for front desk employees and oversees over-night employees
- Coordinate disciplinary actions and terminations with General Manager, Regional Manager and Human Resources
- Flexibility to cover a shift for employees when there are call-outs or vacancies or assist the Club Manager with shift coverage in the event there are no other employees available to work
- Assist in overseeing club audits to ensure that all areas of the club are clean, neat, organized, and in "like new" condition
- Mentor Front End employees to promote career growth through training, development, and performance assessment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Club Manager
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills require
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to talk and hear, sit, stand, and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
Hours (Initial training hours may vary as well as when the needs of the facility change.)
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent required (Associates degree preferred)
- 6 months Supervisor or Manager experience in a restaurant or retail environment in a high-volume atmosphere. (1 year Supervisor or Manager experience preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Bi-lingual preferred.
: 2:30pm - 11:00pmTuesday
: 2:30pm - 11:00pmWednesday
: 2:30pm - 11:00pmThursday
: 2:30pm - 11:00pmFriday
: 10:30am - 7:00pmBenefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company contribution towards health benefits that including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Critical Illness
- Paid Time Off (acquired in accordance with the company's PTO policy based on years of service)
Planet Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.