BallyCara is an established charitable organisation that offers a wellness-focused lifestyle for our clients to facilitate independent living, health, and happiness.
At BallyCara, you will belong to a welcoming and inclusive community where your individual strengths and interests are embraced and are the key driver to everything that we create together. We will empower you with flexibility, autonomy and coaching to allow you to make a meaningful difference, whilst supporting you in your career and personal journey.
We inspire healthy and happy living through our SONA® (Happiness) ethos and enhance our employee's wellness through the following employee benefits:
- Emotional Wellness: Enhance your happiness. Accrue a wellness day off each year to take on your birthday, for your family, or just for you because you are worth it.
- Physical Wellness: Improve your health and wellbeing with a fitness allowance for yoga, pilates, swimming, or gym plus access to an online fitness portal LIFT Fitness!
- Professional Wellness: Enhance your career with two days of paid study leave combined with yearly study assistance!
- Financial Wellness: access not-for-profit salary packaging up to $18,550, receive 17.5% annual leave loading, and up to $1,892 per annum in financial discounts from our Lifeworks EAP and wellbeing portal!
As a Support at Home Support Worker - Domestic Assistant, you will be part of a large Support at Home Team that delivers services that are responsive, timely, and empowering to facilitate independent living, health, wellness, and happiness.
You will play a vital role in supporting our clients which may include, but not limited to:
- Other general cleaning duties
Every client is unique and has individual preferences but in general, you will provide social support and basic domestic assistance and become a trusted partner and provide a ray of warmth and sunshine to the client and their families.
Skills and Experiences:Essential
- Basic computer skills to operate tablet devices alongside accurate documentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a wide range of diverse settings including community and at client's homes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and report as required to your supervisor.
- Empathy, patience and understanding, a great sense of humour and a positive approach to ageing.
- Previous employment experience in the aged care or community services industry.
- Second language skills will be well regarded.
- Experience or training in manual handling techniques.
- Experience or training in dementia.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
How To Apply
- Current Australian Open Drivers Licence
- Reliable motor vehicle (including valid registration and fully comprehensive third-party insurance).
- National Police Check clearance which allows working unsupervised
- Current first-aid certificate and CPR
- COVID-19 vaccination status as per government guidelines
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, with plenty of opportunities and shift availability, please apply now and attach your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience.
All applications are held in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.