Metabolic is a rapidly growing 100% remote $80MM+ metabolic optimization company seeking a detail-oriented Senior Accountant who wants to help us streamline our financial operations. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an accounting wiz, with a head for numbers, and an eye for detail, to make a big impact.
If you’re passionate about health, wellness and fitness, want to be part of our mission to simplify healthy living with our unique metabolism-first approach, while building a billion-dollar brand and you…
- Excel at spotting details, turning financial chaos into meticulous order...
- Love solving problems, making accounting hurdles springboards to success...
- Transform dense data into actionable insights we can quickly move forward with...
- Flourish in a remote company, a self-motivated individual who is driven to succeed...
- Communicate with extreme clarity, with the ability to quickly explain findings to all levels...
… then please read on as you’re precisely the type of unique talent we’re looking for.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: Extended contract at $12/hour US (paid in Rand)
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 250+ with no corporate office)
- Hours: 8 AM to 4 PM US Eastern Time (2 PM to 10 PM SAST Time)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Will You Report Into?
Hello, my name is Al Laclair, Corporate Controller at Metabolic, and I need your help. I’ve spent over 20 years in the field of Accounting and Finance. I joined Metabolic last year to bring all our accounting functions in house and build a talented accounting team. To that end, I’m looking for a senior accountant who’s a wiz at reconciliations, analyzing spreadsheets, and month-end closes, to bring my team to the next level.
What’s the Ideal Candidate’s Background?
We're on the hunt for a seasoned accountant, with a positive, can-do attitude, who has a minimum of five years experience in a senior role. Your knowledge should span across cash reconciliation, creation of ad hoc reports, and an in-depth understanding of GAAP and IAS standards. A skilled hand with QuickBooks Online and Excel is also essential in this role, so you can hit the ground running and contribute to the team from day one!
What Will You Be Working On?
- Daily Coding of Transactions & Activity – You'll immerse yourself in the financial pulse of our business, meticulously categorizing each transaction, and monitoring daily activity to ensure the smooth operation of our financial system.
- Cash Reconciliations – You'll maintain the accuracy and integrity of our accounts, reconciling cash transactions to ensure every cent is accounted for and discrepancies are swiftly identified and resolved
- Ad Hoc Reporting – In a rapidly growing business, unique situations arise requiring bespoke financial analysis. You'll produce detailed, insightful ad hoc reports to support strategic decisions, offering real-time data when we need it most
- Month-end Close – You’ll assist with month-end closings, bringing financial elements together to ensure a smooth and accurate month-end close. You'll review reports, finalize entries, and ensure all financial data accurately reflects our business operations
What’s Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay aligned, be transparent, and eliminate office politics.
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission at Metabolic is simple: make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We empower people to fix their own health with 4 key things that make us different:
- Metabolism-First – After 12 years of trial-and-error with 500k+ people, we’ve found optimizing your metabolism delivers the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don’t understand how to read it; once you do, it’ll tell you exactly how to thrive.
- Individualized-Approach – Paleo may work great for one person, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone’s metabolism is different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That’s why our approach is 100% customized to the individual – there is no perfect program to find, it must be built to support how that person’s unique metabolism works. This is where the standard one-size-fits-all solutions fail.
- Integrated Ecosystem – It’s too hard to live healthy – lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. We’re left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. We simplify with our integrated ecosystem of offerings to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly adding new elements.
- Unified Platform – All of our offerings are being combined into our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (MetabolicOS) that unites practitioner wisdom and scientific research with machine learning to deliver a truly customized experience that helps dial in your metabolism at any stage of life. We expect this unification to be completed by Q1:24 with the launch of our app.
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ Years’ Experience – In GAAP and IAS accounting processes, with five years or more as an accountant, senior accountant, or similar role. US experience is a plus!
- QuickBooks Online – Hands-on experience in QuickBooks Online, specifically with General Ledger and balance sheet reconciliation in QuickBooks Online, Excel
- Microsoft Office Suite – Extremely experienced using Excel, as well as Outlook, SharePoint, Teams and other Microsoft tools
- Bachelor's Degree – You hold a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Fluent English – Highly fluent in the English language, both verbal and written
- Driven to Excellence – An ownership mentality with a relentless inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills – A perceptive listener who quickly synthesize info and can formulate a methodical action plan that can be clearly articulated verbally and in writing
- Passion for Health, Fitness and Habits – An unquenchable thirst to improve your health and fitness with an intentional focus on constantly optimizing your daily habits and routines