Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 700+ staff see clients virtually and physically from our downtown Toronto and Oakville clinics.
Medcan is looking for a Director of Outbound Sales
to join its growing downtown Toronto team. This role plays an integral role in supporting Medcan’s overall business objectives by identifying sales opportunities primarily with existing clients. Exceptional consultative sales capabilities and relationship management are fundamental to success in this position.
The Director of Outbound Sales will report directly to the Vice President, Growth and will work closely with the Account Management team to manage client relationships. The role will also work closely with the Marketing function to drive prospective client awareness/consideration
Major aspects of this roles mandate include providing sales leadership and management oversight, offering training, and coaching for the Outbound Sales Team, and assuming accountability for sales targets and performance, including monitoring and reporting on sales metrics and managing the overall Outbound Sales team administration. This role will also provide the tools and operating structure that will enable team success in delivering top class, responsive client service experience, while ensuring that our outbound sales engines are optimized.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and performance of the outbound sales team including overseeing the team’s books of business, targets, sale incentives and delivery of excellent client experience
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to track sales team performance, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to improve sales outcomes.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Train and mentor team members on sales techniques, product knowledge, and customer engagement
- Track and report on customer service KPIs to identify successes and improvement areas
- Respond and resolve client escalations, working closely with cross-functional resources in this regard
- Proactively address resource requirements in partnership with HR
- Conduct employee interviews and undertake onboarding and orientation related activities
- Manage team member performance, salary reviews and developmental plans
- Develop management reporting using Salesforce and Excel, thereby tracking sales metrics in a timely manner and gaining insight on opportunities and threats
- Ensure CRM/Salesforce data quality and information accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in outbound sales management, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets in a B2C sales environment, preferable in a high touch client service industry
- Call center sales management an asset but not a requirement
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills and experience leading a team of 10+ inside sales representatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven mindset and comfort leveraging CRM platforms, Excel and other key sales-enablement tools.
- Ability to navigate the internal environment, including working well with senior management and building strong relationships with employees and team leads from all departments (Product, Marketing/CRM, and others)
- Capable of handling client complaints and concerns in a timely and effective manner, ensuring client service and client retention are always a top priority
- A positive attitude and natural inclination to ‘go the extra mile’ for Medcan and its clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong customer-focused mentality
- French bilingual is an asset
This is a full-time position that is scheduled primarily during business hours Monday through Friday and will report to the Vice President, Growth. The position will have a hybrid work set-up with opportunity to work from home and in the office at our 150 York St location in downtown Toronto.
Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients, but also our valued staff members. We provide paid Wellness Days along with a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being. We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
This position comes with an attractive total compensation package including a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP matching, and a genuine opportunity to grow. We offer hybrid/flexible work arrangements to help Medcanners balance their work and personal or family needs.
We also have employee perks to continue to help our staff Live Well, For Life. This includes complimentary group fitness sessions as well as an on-site healthy lunch program provided by our own food and catering brand, Nourish. We also provide interactive webinars hosted by our in-house experts focused on Eat, Move, Think. Our enhanced benefits package is just one of the reasons why we continue to be one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility:
Medcan is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity, diversity, and inclusion. We continuously work to provide a fair opportunity for all staff to participate and succeed at work, creating a sense of belonging, respect and a place that values the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each member of our team. We recognize the value of diversity in attributes such as age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation and attractionality, ethnicity, race, colour, nationality, family and marital status, ability, religion and belief, freedom of thought, and any other characteristic that makes you unique. If these principles resonate with you, we encourage you to apply!
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Acquisition Specialist if you require accommodation.