Amazing Athletes is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced After School Northside Youth Sports Coach to join our team. In this role, you will guide children towards positive movement experiences through our non-competitive sports programs. You will be responsible for leading and instructing children ages 5-12 in a variety of sports, including hockey, soccer, basketball, tennis, lacrosse, football, and track and field. The successful candidate will have a passion for working with children, a background in sports or physical education, and excellent communication skills.
- Effectively teach the fundamentals of 10 different sports
- Create and implement lesson plans for after-school sports classes for children ages 5-12
- Enforce safety rules and proper techniques during sports classes
- Provide feedback and encouragement to children to help develop their sports skills and self-confidence
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians about children's progress and behavior during classes
- Maintain and organize sports equipment and materials
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for children to learn and play
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching or coaching children in sports or physical education
- Ability to lead and instruct children in a variety of sports
- Passion for working with young children and helping them develop their physical literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with parents, guardians, and children
- Ability to maintain a positive and motivating environment for children to learn and play
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean environment for children to learn and play
- Must be available Monday to Thursday from 3 to 6pm to teach after-school classes.