Join Performance Optimal Health as an Athletic Trainer. Here at Performance, we take a holistic approach to health and recovery, ultimately striving to empower all clients to live better lives. Each of our clients undergo a unique Optimal Health Assessment, allowing us to tailor their plan of care to their specific needs using a variety of our services. Our services we offer are based upon the Four Pillars of Optimal Health – exercise, nutrition, recovery, and stress management. We have highly trained professionals in all four pillars, who make the clients journey their priority.
With just over 20 years of experience throughout Connecticut and New York, we have successfully launched our first site in Naples, Florida. We are excited to continue growing and building upon our Athletic Training Team within Fairfield County. We are seeking an individual with a passion for health and wellness, and a willingness to work within a team of individuals focused on impacting the lives of our clients in a positive way. This Athletic Trainer would be working directly with our contract with Fairfield University.
Performance Optimal Health provides top quality care to our clients, and we would not be able to do so without our highly trained team of individuals. Come join us on our journey!
Performance Optimal Health is driven by five main cornerstones that are ever present and inform all actions and decisions regarding how we scale, what direction our business takes, and how we conduct ourselves.
- We care from the core
- We sweat the small stuff
- We are teachers & scholars
- We take ownership
- We huddle
Key Areas of Ownership
Performance Optimal Health is seeking qualified Athletic Trainers for it's contract with Fairfield University:
- Provide on-field game coverage and injury management for Fairfield University Club Sports
- Provide rehabilitation services in the Athletic Training Room for Fairfield University Club Sports
- Injury tracking, documentation, referrals and communication to key parties
- Develop and utilize emergency action plan
- Work collaboratively with physical therapy team on-site at Fairfield University
- Fostering and developing community and physician relationships
- Functioning within POH locations during off-hours from Fairfield University to support client rehabilitation and rendering personal training/strength and conditioning services
- Monitors team practices, athletic equipment, sporting grounds and helping to ensure safe training and playing conditions
- Educates, instructs, and supervises athletes in use of rehab equipment and exercises, providing daily counsel and treat ment for injuries
- Clearly communicate cross functionally about athletic injuries when & where appropriate
- Maintains medical records and forms for treatments given, completes injury or accident reports, and observes and assists the fitting of athletic or rehabilitative equipment
- Communicate athletic clearance (injury status) with coaches
- Stays informed and knowledgeable of developments in the sports medicine field, as well as changing governmental which may affect the sports medicine program’s guidelines and decision-making
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- CT licensee and current BOC certification in good standing.
- Current Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) certification.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Has strong writing skills for communicating stakeholders
- Computer literate, experience with data-entry a plus (Apple preferred)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to perform under pressure and fixed time constraints.
- CSCS certification (preffered)
Benefits at a full-time status:
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Growth potential within the organization.
- Access to facilities at all locations.
- Internal and External Discounts.
- Fun atmosphere
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.