Basketball Referee/Instructor: You will encourage development and learning. You ensure all members and guests (Children & Adult) have the best basketball experience. As a Basketball Referee, you will be an integral part of creating an environment of friendly competition for those that still love the game and want to get on the court. As a Basketball Instructor, you will be part of our culture to Inspire, Teach and Motivate players through lessons/classes. Our goal is to create a thriving basketball community at the club.
- Arrive on time and clock-in. Dress in uniform and in accordance with the Lakeshore Sport & Fitness dress code.
- Thorough understanding of basketball rules and regulations
- Supervise organized basketball run during certain times of the week by enforcing basketball rules to keep play moving and managing the scoreboard/shot clock.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to create friendly competition of the games.
- Ability to remain impartial and make sound quick decisions.
- Help create, develop, and run basketball programming. This can include various leagues, events, camps, skills & drills sessions, and any type of activity engaging members and non-members.
- Instruct children & adults in basketball rules, skills, technique and game play.
- Be enthusiastic about creating positive environments and experiences for all members & guests (Children & Adult).
- Stand/Walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to life and carry up to 50lbs.
- Have an outgoing, energetic attitude, and be confident in teaching, leading, and facilitating discussions with participants (Children & Adult)
- Experience working with adults and children of a variety of ages, abilities, and personalities.
- Flexible, takes direction and has initiative, and is comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Basketball referee and/or coaching/instructor certification is preferred, but not mandatory.