This role is responsible for the routine and preventative maintenance and repair of four 120,000+ square foot athletics facilities buildings; mechanical and fitness equipment; and utility systems. Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repair tasks. As a company that prides itself on service, this position is critical to providing that end user experience to members. The successful candidate for this role will aide in doing our best to ensure 99% up-time for our building systems and will consistently be challenged to find new ways to stay ahead of that curve. For those who like working with people this is a great role, as you regularly interface with members on the floor, not just stuck in a machine room.
- Complimentary Family Membership
- Complimentary Child Care for Staff Children
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Financial Relief Program
- Daily Discounted Employee Meal Program
- Winter and Summer Team Member Celebrations
- 50% off club services
- Free On-Site Parking
- Performs major and minor repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Conducts periodic preventative maintenance on the mechanical, HVAC and plumbing systems. This involves lubrications, adjustment, cleaning, and periodic testing of the equipment.
- Install electrical wiring and equipment, new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects and replaces and repairs wiring, and electrical components as needed
- Will aide in general maintenance and small project activities including repairs or paints doors, floors, windows and other building services
- Other tasks not listed may be assigned but will all encompass maintenance type responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with membership and staff
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed (first shift is the norm)
- Valid Illinois state driving license required
- 5 years of experience in building and mechanical or electrical equipment maintenance and repair
- 3 years of experience servicing commercial HVAC equipment, must have experience with Packaged Units.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience a plus with Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, and pool maintenance