You have a passion for fitness and you just know you’d make a great Personal Trainer! But you don’t know where to start, trainer certifications are expensive, or you don’t think you can get a job without previous experience in the industry. This might be the perfect place to begin your fitness career. At The Perfect Workout, we hire charismatic, driven people with a strong passion for helping others on their fitness journeys.
As a Certified Personal Trainer in one of our private studios, you’ll provide members with effective, safe, and efficient workouts. You’ll generate member and staff referrals, retain members, restart inactive members, produce high member satisfaction scores, sign and renew member training packages, and practice and exemplify our company values: Teamwork, World-Class Customer Service, Evidence-Based, Candor, and Kaizen.
The Perfect Workout.
At The Perfect Workout, our Certified Personal Trainers help people 1-on-1 with a specialty exercise method - slow-motion strength training.
Since 1999, we’ve helped over 40,000 people reshape their bodies and lives. The Perfect Workout has over 70 locations nationwide including 4 Peninsula locations: Sunnyvale, San Mateo, SW San Jose, and Menlo Park. We also have a nationwide Virtual Training studio.
We are specifically looking to hire in all of our Menlo Park, San Mateo, and SW San Jose studios!
Wait. We’ll CERTIFY You.
Yep! Unlike most personal trainer positions that require you to already be certified, we fully certify you with our extensive in-house certification (which takes about 3 to 4 weeks). No prior fitness coaching experience is required; however, it does come in handy!
Show Us Your Muscles.
No, not really, We don’t care how big (or small) your muscles are. At The Perfect Workout, we care about the qualities you possess. We can teach you all you need to know about fitness, but the right qualities are a rare gem. The following are highly-desired characteristics we look for in a candidate :
- Charismatic, coachable, dependable, high work ethic, detail-oriented
- Self-starter, independent, willingness to learn
- Passion for health and fitness
- Entrepreneurial mindset, reliable, professional, polite,
- Motivated by financial goals and sales driven
- Comfortable with sales
- Ability to commute to at least one studio location
Worth The Flex (but not necessary to be considered)
- Education, Degree, or Certification in the Fitness or Health Field
- Customer Service experience
A Day In The Life.
Once certified, a day in the life of a trainer at The Perfect Workout consists of more than just a little coaching. Our team of trainers are taught how to be proficient in the following areas:
- Instruct Outstanding Workouts- Provide high energy, expert exercise instruction to all your members, striving to help them reach muscle success on every exercise at every workout; provide nutritional coaching support to your members.
- Retain Members- Create heart-tingling goals with every member, perform regular check-in evaluations with each of your members, and create raving fans to keep members for life.
- Generate Referrals- Attract and keep raving fan members, and generate member referrals by positively impacting as many lives as humanly possible. Create raving fans that create raving fans - hitting and achieving goals such that they want to tell everyone they know! Each trainer should generate at least 1 referral per month.
- Restart Inactives - Have your finger on the pulse of every member past and present, with the next point of contact and action steps scheduled for every member, keeping relationships alive, and building value as to why they should return.
- Educate Members - Constantly build value behind what we do and why we do it by relating every exercise to each member’s individual goals. Tailor the workout to each member’s individual needs within The Perfect Workout’s super-slow training protocol, bringing constant focus to why our workout is perfect - better results, more time efficient, and safer than other methods.
- The expected pay range for our personal trainers is $16.00 to $46.00 per hour
- Hourly + commission for every workout instructed + monthly bonuses
- Work-life balance
- Flexible shift options
- No Sundays (unless you want to!)
- On-going continuing education
- Advanced exercise education
- Sales and management skills
- Nutrition coaching opportunities
- Cross-training into other departments if desired (Member Support, Team Support, Marketing, IT)
- Career advancement opportunities (Our CEO started as a Personal Trainer with us and moved up in less than 6 years!)
- Certification Supervisor
- Facility Manager
- Regional Manager
- Scrum Team Member
- Health insurance (full-time employees)
- 401K (after one year of employment)
- Free personal training sessions