The General Manager is responsible for leading, managing and continuously developing all aspects of their store's business. They are accountable for creating and maintaining a positive and highly productive work environment that aligns with the company's mission. They will be responsible for consistently achieving sales & profitability goals, operational objectives, merchandising standards and developing a highly successful Sales, Operations, and Visual team that will be motivated to grow, contribute and advance with Alo.
The General Manager, Brompton Road, will be expected to bring knowledge of the local market, employment and business practices. The GM should work with cross-functional partners to develop marketing, operations, people, training, and sales strategies that are specific to the London market. This GM will be involved in the hiring and training of the Brompton team, and may support with additional European store openings as needed.
- Develop and execute the brand's retail strategies including customer experience, client relations management, employee performance, and community connectivity increasing the brand awareness, driving traffic into the store, and broadening and developing the clientele base.
- Local market knowledge of clientele base and brand competitors.
- Aware of business trends that relate to the success of the store and brand.
- Make informed recommendations for store opportunities that will lead to increased sales, foot traffic and further enhance customer relationships and the overall in-store experience.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen through KPI’s to develop and support business driving strategies
- Lead team by leveraging company tools, incentives & strategies to support meeting sales goals
- Identify and communicate individual and team training needs.
- Impact fitting room conversion ensuring that all clients are attended to in the fitting rooms, that product needs are easily accessible, and sales execution is seamless and accurate.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding, and on-going training for existing staff members.
- Ensure that the Sales & Operations team exudes Alo's mission and guiding principles to effectively communicate to our visitors who we are, what we do and why we do what we do.
- Consistently drive and motivate the store team utilizing company performance tools to evaluate, achieve and exceed individual sales goals and store KPIs (Conversion, Average Sales, UPT, etc.).
- Establish an individual development plan to support professional growth aspirations and talent needs at Alo.
- Use company performance tools to evaluate management team and provide constant feedback to drive individual growth and improvement
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis
- Conducts ongoing talent analysis of colleagues and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues in Customer Experience, Commission and high-level selling areas.
- Interview, Hire, Train, Direct, Manage, Coach, Develop, Coordinate, Evaluate and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues
- Utilize check-in process as a tool for colleague talent development, promotion and advancement
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to the wardrobe standards for the current season, and always represent the Alo brand.
- Ensure the staff's adherence to all store standards (cleanliness, maintenance, replenishment etc.) on selling floor and back of house
- Maintain Visual Merchandising standards and directives ensuring they are consistently upheld by the store team.
- Supervise inventory management to ensure store shrink is at or below company target
- Complete all required daily and weekly reporting as requested.
- Manage headcount and payroll objectives for the store staff.
- Implement tactics to manage and maintain an effective P&L strategy
- Plan for future business needs to continually improve business results
- Ensure that all transfers, consolidations, pricing, shipping/receiving are done in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Make well-versed recommendations to help improve the company's operational systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities in product, sales, and team development and strategically present ideas and solutions to corporate
- Satisfactorily resolve all customer issues and/or complaints in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to support organizational goals
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels in the organization, including the executive team.
- Partner with field and corporate leaders to establish effective in-season long term strategies aligned with company initiatives.
- Demonstrate an ability to navigate the organization with a balance of business need and brand culture
- Conduct regular store meetings (i.e., morning, weekly, monthly, etc.) to motivate the team, and communicate brand activities and initiatives.
- Consistently reinforce company standards and policies and hold staff accountable in partnership with corporate.
General Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ Years of proven retail or related industry experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
- Agile with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Highly Motivated by driving business in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Business owner mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent work ethic, time management skills, and personal accountability
Candidate Data Protection Statement
As part of our recruitment process Alo Europe Limited will process your personal data.
In collecting and processing your personal data, we will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
How is your personal information collected?
- We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources: You, the candidate.
How we will use information about you
- It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the listed employment role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role.
- We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
We do not envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request").
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org in writing.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Alo does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.