We are looking for an HR professional who is enthusiastic about providing HR customer service to the business and is looking to work for a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-evolving environment. This individual will report to the Retail HR Manager to build a people-centric culture.
- You will be the first point of contact for our HQ & Retail employees and will be a key partner in the employee experience
- Dealing with day-to-day queries (e.g. pay, attendance, policy guidance) and where necessary directing queries to the best person or team to deal with them.
- People related administration and coordination tasks
- Providing reporting and data for business partners
- Supporting HR and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects
- Serve as the administrative expert in the full employee lifecycle
- Onboarding: Ensure new hire process is complete in a timely manner: offer letters, paperwork, background checks, onboarding, ADP data entry, I9s
- Employee Changes, update personnel files, order labor law posters
- Offboarding: Process separations
- Payroll: timeclock set-ups, ADP data entry
- Reporting: annual EEOC & data reporting
- Assist with HR projects as needed (ie safety committee, employee engagement)
- Keep up-to-date with local, state, and federal labor laws
- Respond timely and accurately to queries from employees, managers, and business partners
- Assist HR Managers with Employee Relations and investigations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in HR a plus
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, preferably at a Fortune 500 company and retail environment
- Experience supporting Canadian market / teams
- High volume administration experience (including systems/database administration) in HR, recruitment or payroll. · Experience of working with hourly paid employees.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and HR / Payroll practices would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working with ADP, SharePoint, Outlook, Microsoft office suite
- “Can-do” attitude – ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to support both HQ and Retail environments and navigate rapid and continuous growth + seasonal increases during the holiday season
- Team player
- Comfortability with a high volume and evolving workload; open-minded to learning new skills
- Ability to identify problems and come forward with solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service – quick and accurate responses to employee inquiries and needs
- Prioritization and strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality
- Being a trusted and professional ambassador for HR team
- Desire to work in an office environment
The Hourly Range for this position is $28-$30 which represents the base hourly rate for this non-exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.