The St. James is seeking a Line Cook Supervisor at its Springfield, VA location. The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination in the country, with 450,000 sq. ft. of developmental and competitive programs, teams and opportunities in more than 30 sports, and a wide range of premium fitness, wellness and entertainment experiences.
- Ensures the production of cost efficient quality products.
- Supervises the team to work in a safe, efficient and hygienic way while ensuring that standards are met and surpassed in kitchen.
- Ensures that HACCP standards are maintained throughout the food preparation process by record keeping of HAACP log, production sheets, cooling logs and cleaning schedule.
- 100% Sanitation Duties for position required.
- Must be able to use Computer Applications efficiently to enter data and other information.
- Reviews daily paperwork, menus, and recipes.
- Prepares food items according to the menu following the standardized recipes.
- Ensures that the tray line set-up is accurate and the meal service starts on time and is completed within facility guidelines.
- Supervises the line employees of the department and leads by example.
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with company and brand quality standards.
- Responsibility for maintaining the highest standards of food quality.
- Supporting the safety of all members, guests and employees.
- A high school diploma and at least two years of experience cooking and leading a team in a hotel, cruise ship, or restaurant; or a two-year college degree and one year of related experience, or a culinary degree.
- Familiarity with and the ability to utilize kitchen cutlery, automatic slicers, buffalo chopper, blenders, band saw, meat grinder, gas-fired cooking equipment, steam kettles, electric griddles, deep-fat fryers, ovens, till fryers, toaster, scales, can openers, Carter-Hoffmann and other culinary tools.
- Manage communication skills in English; second language is an asset.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, including work long hours.
- High-volume experience preferred.
- Certification in Food Safety strongly desired.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds. Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
- Knowledgeable of safety training, procedures and best practices used throughout the sports and wellness industry.
For more information, please visit our website: www.thestjames.com
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.