FS8 by F45 Training, Inc. is a progressive new fitness movement that remixes the best elements of three modalities: Pilates, Tone and Yoga. It’s low impact, high energy training developed to strengthen everybody and every mind without the fluff.
The FS8 workout is designed to break the mold and incorporate revolutionary, science-backed techniques to lengthen, strengthen, stabilize and mobilize your body in a full-body workout that ties in with your physical and psychological well being. We’re focusing on strength and flexibility while throwing out all the clichés – and getting people to rethink how Pilates, tone and yoga can work for them.
At FS8, we're defined by eight elements that support functional strength, with our foundation structured on four core workouts: FS8 Original, FS8 Blast, FS8 Remix, and FS8 Restore. Every workout is formulated based on these elements, developed in consultation with leading fitness experts with the objective of unlocking the power of strength and confidence in every person.. FS8’s unique circuit-style workouts draw from a curated library of over 5,000 exercises meaning variety is guaranteed at every visit. Participants can expect results-based and community-oriented training that delivers results.
FS8 was originally founded in Australia in 2021 and has more than 40 studios across the globe, spanning 5 countries.
We are looking for a Studio Manager to join our growing FS8 team in North America at our HQ studio in Austin, Texas.
The Studio Manager of FS8 will be responsible for maintaining the standard of excellence in the studio and deliver an incredible workout experience. From onboarding and hiring new team members to leading a team of Pilates and Yoga Instructors, to running FS8 classes, this person will play a pivotal role in day-to-day management of the studios, social media, member care, train classes, as well as driving membership sales and retention for our FS8 Austin studio location. This is an amazing opportunity to join the first HQ-owned Studio in Austin, CA with huge potential for growth in the company.
The ideal candidate is equipped with a solid fitness management background, a growth mindset, amazing communication skills, and team leadership capabilities. The position is onsite at our HQ studio off South Congress in Austin, Texas. The Studio Manager will be responsible for management and administration of the studio, membership sales, and serve in the capacity as head trainer.
- Full-time role, which requires early mornings. Evenings and weekend work
- Drive the continued growth of the FS8 studio
- Demonstrate knowledge of the brand and model behavior in accordance with company standards.
- Develop a high-energy culture through contests and incentive-based motivation
- Meet or exceed required performance metrics (KPI's)
- Ensure compliance and adherence to FS8 business policies and standards
- Manage the daily operations of the studio location
- Manage studio operating expense and payroll budgets within targets
- Manage/coordinate vendors/suppliers
- Collaborate with HQ team to coordinate membership growth and retention
- Execute retention calendar promotions and events
- Engage local community to drive awareness, including studio launch
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, and develop a dynamic team of fitness trainers and staff
- Track and ensure accuracy of all mandatory education certifications/training for all trainers
- Plan and coordinate shift schedule and ensure the smooth running of a fully staffed daily class schedule
- Build and maintain class size through scheduling optimization
- Maintain serviceability of training equipment
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Deliver Reformer Pilates, Mat Pilates, Tone and Yoga instruction for group classes
- Must be skilled at the proper and safe use of a variety of equipment during each class, including but not limited to dumbbell weights, Reformer, Springboard, Magic Circle and other equipment as needed to ensure a safe yet creative group experience.
- Responsible for studio tidiness and returning equipment to standards set by studio management
- Stay up to date with, and implement FS8 brand and athletics standards at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
- Minimum education to include; Mat and Reformer certification. Applicants with 450-hour comprehensive Pilates education (Minimum education to include; Mat, Reformer, and Springboard) will be strongly considered.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrate anatomical knowledge and focus on safety
- Experience teaching 6 or more participants in an apparatus-based group class
- In-depth understanding of the benefits of Pilates, Tone and Yoga.
- Willingness to evolve with new developments in the fitness industry
- Comfortable adding Yoga, Trigger Point, Foam Roller and Barre modalities to teaching repertoire
- 2+ years of proven sales leadership in the Health & Fitness industry required
- 3+ years of management experience, including directly overseeing all aspects of staff management from hiring, training, supporting, disciplining, and terminating
- Comfort working with budgets, payroll, revenue and forecasting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Outstanding experience delivering high-quality customer service, excellent communication, organizational, and written skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, successful environment for staff and clients
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs, MindBody Online, GloFox, as well as various media platforms
- Ability to implement and streamline new procedures in a diverse environment
- Effectively manages a team of instructors
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Commission eligible based on membership sales
- Flexible PTO and leave arrangements
- Exceptional Medical, Vision and Dental benefits
- Fun, fitness and health orientated environment
F45 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.