The Senior Technical Designer will focus on all categories of accessories.
- PLM updates and the delicate creation of tech packs.
- Orchestration of fittings; includes pinning and flawless note taking.
- Orchestration of pattern adjustments with pattern maker if needed.
- Create concise comments and communications to factories.
- Organize the entire fit process from 1st prototypes to final fit approvals.
- Keep approved samples for reference and fit history.
- Create CAD’s Computer Aided Drawings from scratch in proportion of the garment.
- Build technical packages in PLM.
- Responsible for uploading spec adjustments and grade breaks.
- Controls all photography from fittings to the PLM (image)
- Comments in the PLM under (image)
- Any special notes per style implemented in PLM.
- Use Adobe Illustrator to develop construction pages and technical schematics for workmanship.
- Work with design to discuss any crossover duties like label placements or hanger tape.
- Train associate technical designers when available.
- Keeping area clean and organized
- Socially and psychologically sound to carry the workload of the brand via tech design.
- 20+ years of experience in technical design is required.
- BA or AA degree required (especially a fashion education; draping, technical design.)
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Detail oriented with strong follow up skills; organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to react to change.
- Ability to think creatively while accessing scientific problem solving skills.
- Must be computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, PLM or WEB PDM)
- Basic artistic skillset/ drawing/ illustrating/ color theory.
- Ability to multi task.
- Has a humble attitude and is ready to juggle many technical jobs at a fast pace.
The base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $115,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits