The St. James is seeking Sales Ambassadors at its flagship location in Springfield, Virginia.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination brand in the country, with a mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing and operating sports, wellness and entertainment destinations that engage, inspire and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. Our flagship development in Springfield, Virginia features a premium health club, celebrity chef-inspired restaurant, premium medi-spa, 20,000 sq. ft. active entertainment center, as well as an indoor field house with FIFA-sized field, two NHL-regulation sized ice rinks, 52-meter Olympic competition pool and much, much more. The St. James allows the whole family to pursue their passions in 30+ sports.
Our Sales Ambassadors are responsible for actively selling new memberships, sports programs and other St. James products to potential clients. As A Sales Ambassador, you will help us optimize our clientele and take St. James to the next level. You have a personal passion and commitment to fitness and living a healthy way of life. This position will report directly to the VP of Sales at The St. James. Please note this is a full-time opportunity and all applicants must be willing and able to evenings and weekends. We are looking for the best to inspire our members to become their best.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company policies, practices and procedures
- Actively sell new memberships, sports programs and other St. James products to potential clients
- Daily phone call and email lead follow-ups
- Ongoing promotion of products and services provided by our Industry leading fitness professionals
- Handle/Assist with member inquiries, tours, sales, presentations and member events (some nights and weekends)
- Complete new and existing member contracts and provide new member kits
- Create strong relationships with new and existing members
- Assist with the research and preparation of corporate and private prospect lists/lead generation
- Achieve daily, weekly and monthly sports programming and membership sales and retention goals through persistent and enthusiastic outreach
- Maintain a highly visible presence throughout the Complex
- Maintain and convey excellent Complex-wide knowledge
- Assist with Complex-wide Sales Manager on Duty responsibilities
- Tailor the buying experience to align with the needs, passions and goals of each prospective member by connecting prospective members to our staff, programs and places
- Meet daily with club leadership to ensure effective onboarding and high retention of members
- Support the safety of all members, guests and employees.
- 2-4 years of sales experience with an upscale venue (experience in fitness/healthcare sales a plus)
- Be a self-starter with a successful history of sales performance
- Must have superior organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in meeting and exceeding goals in a performance-based culture
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly
- Positive attitude and ability to work well as a part of a team
- Ability to successfully handle multiple competing projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prospect both internal and external leads.
- Strong interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
- Desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to engage and exude confidence in a professional manner
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Knowledgeable of safety training, procedures and best practices used throughout the sports and wellness industry
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era