Reporting to the Raw Materials Senior Director; He/She will be the product expert for Alo Yoga Trims. He/She will develop and maintain an applied trim portfolio to support our creative design team. They will develop relationships with suppliers aligned with the Alo Yoga creative design strategy who can deliver quality products in a timely, consistent manner.
Raw Materials Team and why we need you:
The Raw Materials team shapes, surprises and engineers delight into Alo Yoga customer experiences by applying new thinking to knowledge generation, product functionality, manufacturing technology and business processes. We need you to bring the capabilities of our new and existing trim suppliers to life through thoughtful leadership, workflow optimization and expert knowledge, which spans everything from concept through constructing prototypes to bulk production.
A day in the life of a Trim Manager:
- Support end-to-end trim development process that enables and elevates innovation, productivity, efficiency, quality and profitability.
- Partner with trim suppliers to deliver highly innovative trims and provide technical support with design, product development, product integrity, and vendor support.
- Evaluate current trim categories and identify trims that need to improve and evolve to support the brands product roadmaps for allocation and cost standpoint.
- Provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on trim applications, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors that will support the end use trim application on product.
- Own trim testing reporting and risk assessments on developments - level set quality, performance attributes and usage expectations to product cross functional team.
- Ensure all concepts developed meet testing requirements and end use is properly understood by crossfucntional partners, suppliers and garment vendors.
- Follow new trim concepts through commercialization approval process.
- Conduct seasonal analysis to provide trim platform recommendations
- Manage raw material staging booking dates with each trim supplier by season in order to support on time bulk delivery.
- Develop metrics to report on department KPIs
- Analyze cost components and the global raw material market to provide data to support negotiations
- Partner with trim suppliers to reconcile trim usage and suppliers each season
- Provide technical trim support the Trim Developer to and guidance to RM Assistant.
- Conduct trim supplier onboarding
- You have over 6 years of Trim experience working closely & building relationships with trim suppliers and managing a team.
- You are knowledgeable in the apparel manufacturing process as well as with trim testing protocols. Experience with performance product is preferred.
- You have established strong partnerships with trim suppliers and are able to navigate difficult situations to drive solutions while maintaining positive relationships.
- Understanding of AATCC and ASTM industry test methods.
- Knowledge in supply chain traceability road mapping
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- You have visited factories & have a keen eye for quality, compliance & process optimization.
- Strong ability to lead your area of the business and influence decision making with peers and leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PLM systems.
- You are able to multi-task and adapt while maintaining positive working relationship with all cross-functional departments in a fast-paced dynamic environment with colliding and fluctuating deadlines.
- You pay great attention to detail, are highly organized and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills, as well as demonstrated financial & excel skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated; comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly evolving business priorities
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in a clear, concise, tactful manner.
The base salary range for this position is $110,000-$120,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.