Social Media Intern – The St. James Volleyball
The St. James Social Media intern will oversee all aspects of Volleyball across programming, leagues, teams and tournaments. The individual will manage the social media strategy for the Volleyball Department.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Social Media Intern to join our team. As a Social Media Intern, you will play a crucial role in building in driving visibility to our Volleyball Department and engaging with our athletes and families.. This internship provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience in sports marketing and social media management.
Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
- Create and curate engaging and relevant content for our social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Develop a content calendar to ensure consistent posting and timely promotion of events, tryouts, and important updates.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and mentions on social media, fostering a positive online community.
- Collaborate with our coaching staff and athletes to gather content, including photos, videos, and interviews.
- Assist in the creation and execution of social media campaigns to increase program awareness and participation.
- Analyze social media performance metrics and generate reports to track progress and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices in social media and sports marketing.
Social Media Intern Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of volleyball is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Basic knowledge of social media analytics and reporting tools.
- Photography and video editing skills are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Currently pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in using computer software and technology for program management, scheduling, and communication.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by program and event schedules.
- CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain upon hiring).
- Passion for volleyball and a commitment to promoting the sport and fostering a positive and inclusive environment for all participants.